Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Little Boy Velcro Ties Tutorial



I decided my little boy needed some ties to match his little brother who will be wearing these onesie ties.  I prefer the ties that velcro around the neck cause for one I don't know how to tie a tie and my two year old does not like to sit still.

If you're are interested in making your own velcro ties click on read more for the tutorial.

This is a rough idea of how I made my pattern
All sewing is done with a 1/4" seam allowance in this tutorial

Pin your pattern pieces on to your fabric and cut.


Fold each end over until you have a nice tie point and sew along the edge where the pins are


Fold the rectangular piece in half  right sides together and sew


You should have two pieces that look like this


Turn the tube right side out, I think using a safety pin works the best




Press



Fold the tie in half making sure that your points are folded right in half so they lay right


Fold the end under and pin a piece of velcro on to the neck band sew around the edges and do the same for the other side just make sure the other piece is on the opposite side.



Now to tie the tie, lay your pieces out like the picture



Fold the top end down and under the bottom end and adjust the length to where you like.



Bring the small end up and under the neck band



And back down in front of the neck band but behind the fat part wich will be the knot of the tie.


Now adjust it as tight as you like and you're done!  This is a lengthy tutorial but it really takes no time at all to make one, I made this one in about 20 min.

If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment or an email.
01 02