Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Make Your Own Barbie Clothes

My little girl and I were at an antique shop the other day and came across some new home made barbie dresses for sale, they were 12.00 a piece and I thought that was a little much for that amount of  fabric...so we found some super fancy sparkle fabric(1/8 of a yard) and made some of our own and even had enough left over for an extra or two.





She calls this one the mermaid dress

 Party Dress




Barbie Ball Gown




Don't stress about making them perfect, Barbie just happens to be one of those people who looks good in anything... and this little girl wasn't to picky either. 
She was all smiles!


I don't have a tutorial for this one, but I will warn that sewing tiny doll clothes on the sewing machine is quite difficult(at least it was for me) so hand sewing is an option.  For the black dresses I had some stretchy black rayon and just made a simple tube that slides right on and added ruffles.  For the fluffly skirt I gathered three layers and made a casing around the top and pulled some ribbon through so it is adjustable.



01 02