Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, November 16, 2012

Old Country Pancakes


 
This is a family recipe that has been passed along for generations from my Swedish ancestors. My Grandma used to make these for us when we would visit, we still make them when we get together. My little boy requests them almost every day, "I want roll up pancakes Mama."
 
Recipe
 
3 eggs
3/4 cup flour
3 Tbs sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup milk
 
Whisk together eggs and flour til smooth, mix in sugar, add vanilla and milk and blend well.
Pour into greased skillets (Teflon or cast iron) on medium heat and swivel until pan is coated evenly.  Cook until edges start to brown a little then turn. 
 
Warning- the first one usually sticks a little.  Don't give up it gets easier.
 
We like to top them with raspberry jam and whip cream, nutella and bananas, fresh fruit and syrup, and my new favorite butter milk syrup.  The possibilities are endless, heck my ex step grandma topped them with refried beans! Wouldn't recommend.
 
Enjoy!
01 02